- On sale!
The Ultimate CAN BUS Cable for 3D Printers - By 3DPTRONICS
The Ultimate CAN BUS cable - by 3DPTronics. Designed to push CAN BUS performances on your 3D-Printer to the limit!
This is the definitive CAN BUS cable, designed for high-speed and reliable CAN BUS communications on your 3D Printers.
2 versions available:
Standard version (7 strands for AWG24 and 19 strands for AWG18) - bend radius: 6 x Diameter
Superflexible version (IEC60228 Class6 0.08mm superfine copper conductors - 42 strands for AWG24 and 161 strands for AWG18!). Extra-multi-stranded for dynamic use. To improve durability and flexibility it is common to strand multiple wires together; the more wires that are stranded together to make a given size, the more flexible the conductor will be. Usually used in low bending radius and moving facilities (bend radius: 4 x Diameter)
- 2 x 18AWG wires (Tinned copper, 300V, 200°C with FEP insulation) for VCC and GND (Red and Black)
- 2 x 24AWG shielded twisted pair (18mm Twist Pitch, tinned copper, 300V, 200°C with FEP insulation) for CAN-L and CAN-H (Green and Yellow)
- 1 x 24AWG extra wire (blue) for whatever use (es. LED direct connection to MCU, etc.)
- Braided tinned copper total shield (90% density)
- Silicone 1.5mm cable jacket
- Outer diameter 7.1mm ±0.20
- Fits perfectly PG7 8.0mm cable gland for use with Umbilical (can also be used in drag chains)
The copper braid shield and the aluminum foil shield have different shielding capacities based on the frequency of the disturbance on which they are stressed: the copper braid works better at low frequencies while the aluminum foil performs better at high frequencies. The combination of the two means creating the best possible barrier for a broad spectrum of frequencies.
When the aluminum foil is also used on the individual pairs, as in our cable (typical of the best performing cables such as ethernet cables CAT 6A or higher), it has a dual purpose: in addition to protecting from external interference sources has the task of preventing the magnetic field generated by the individual pairs at high frequencies from disturbing the neighboring pairs.
Twisted pair cabling is a type of wiring used for communications in which two conductors of a single circuit are twisted together for the purposes of improving electromagnetic compatibility. Compared to a single conductor or an untwisted balanced pair, a twisted pair reduces electromagnetic radiation from the pair and crosstalk between neighboring pairs and improves rejection of external electromagnetic interference.
- Cable only (per meter)
- Cable + Do It Yourself Kit (cable for Voron 2.4 size of your choice+connectors/pins/labels/heatshrink/jumper shield wire)
- (NEW) Fully-assembled cables (superflexible). Select "Size: None" for fully assembled options
NOTE: Braided shield (SHLD) should be properly grounded at PSU side (V-) to avoid electromagnetic interferences.
Contact us if you need different cable lenghts or special customizations.
For fully assembled cables you need to specify in a note:
- - Your Voron Size (250mm/300mm/350mm)
- - Conductors length in centimeters at MCU side (uncovered/stripped from braided shield and silicone jacket)
- - Shield wire length in centimeters (usually same lenght as uncovered at MCU side)
You might also like