High quality PTFE wire - By 3DPTRONICS
High quality PTFE wire - by 3DPTRONICS - 10 meters
High quality PTFE wire - by 3DPTRONICS (10 meters)
- True genuine PTFE wires (UL1180 - Datasheets and specifications attached). All UL1332 wires or Heluflon wires are FEP, way cheaper than genuine PTFE.
No compromise for quality:
- 20AWG wires (19 Strands, silver plated copper, 8.5A max, 300V, 200°C)
- 24AWG wires (19 Strands, silver plated copper, 3.3A max, 300V, 200°C)
What is Teflon™/PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene)?
PTFE is a fluoropolymer with a number of properties that make it extremely useful. These include:
- Extremely low friction - The coefficient of friction of PTFE is one of the lowest of any solid in existence, meaning nothing will stick to it
- High melting point – There are very few situations where PTFE would be damaged by heat
- Good temperature resistance – PTFE can perform at higher and lower temperatures
- Chemically Inert – It doesn't react with a large number of corrosive and hazardous substances meaning that it can be used in a wide variety of industrial applications
- High flexural strength - It’s ability to bend and flex, even at low temperatures, means it can be easily applied to a variety of surfaces without losing its integrity
PTFE is the grandfather of all fluoroplastics. It is the most unusual and exhibits the best performance in terms of temperature, chemical resistance and non-stick properties.
Its major disadvantage is that it does not actually melt when heated and therefore is difficult to process, and very unconventional techniques are needed to mould, extrude and weld this fluoroplastic (that's why is more expensive than FEP).
All wires are exclusively produced for us by a cable factory specialized in aviation equipment cabling and compliant to all International Standards (REACH, ROHS, UL AWM, VW-1 Flame Test). All wires are marked with 3DPTRONICS brand and specifications are published in the pictures.
You might also like